Friday, August 17, 2007

Last Day Zumix

I'm really going to miss these folks! They were all wonderful. Bob and I finished up the literary/performance work and the CD books. We first ironed out the mini-performances from yesterday and added some narration. The students read some of their pieces and then performed the original song they wrote. This was debuted to the Zumix staff who kindly gathered to support. The highlight, I'd say, was the Memory piece by a student who delivered it in stand up comedy style to a room full of supportive shouts.
The students also finished their books. They look wonderful and are really practical for a group of musicians.
It was fabulous and I hope we can stay in touch with these folks (I know I'll be watching their band perform).
Thanks everyone for a great two weeks!
Emily

No comments: